Presearch is an open, decentralized search engine that rewards community members with Presearch Tokens for their usage, contribution to, and promotion of the platform.
- Strong concept that will draw users
- Experienced Team
- Sold Out Of Pre-Sale Tokens
- No Prototype Available
- Going to take time to catch on
- Not a catchy name for a SE
In a world where one company controls 77% of all searches, influencing trillions of dollars in spending, shaping perceptions and effectively acting as the primary gatekeeper to the Internet, a new, open and community-driven search engine is a necessity.
Can Presearch Pull From Google?
I love Google and I love the efforts for decentralization of all things. Bring the two together and you have Presearch.
Presearch is an effort fueled by a grudge by company Project Lead Colin Pape and Google and I love it. I’m personally familiar with the drive corporate angst can build in someone and what can be accomplished from the desire of wanting to give the finger to a company that has wronged you. This project is actually quite promising and while still in its very early stages, a pretty solid initial team has been established to launch the Presearch ICO.
Presearch has an innovative go-to-market strategy to target the most frequent searchers – web workers – and gain early adoption, on our way to releasing future versions of the open source platform that will utilize a blockchain-based index, curated by the community.
- Open and transparent ranking factors enable content creators to access a level playing field, and users the choice of which data sources to utilize
- Community-driven decision-making process ensures that everyone’s interests are aligned, and the best content is surfaced and displayed
- Ability to vote on and fund dev projects provides ability to influence and improve the platform, and earn tokens for contributing
- Tokens can be purchased during the Presearch Token crowdsale
- Tokens will be issued to early adopters to reward usage and promotion of the platform
- Token-holders will be able to vote on decisions, suggest / fund dev projects
- Devs will receive tokens for contributing to features / projects
- Advertisers will be able to purchase targeted, non-intrusive, keyword sponsorships with DSTs
I say hell yes! Initially, if I were this projects CEO, I would be targeting colleges, especially tech focused groups for early adoption, submissions and the like and grow outwardly from there. It’s going to be a bit of a niche effort early on just trying to establish early adopters to the platform, however, in time, provided the group gets a fully functional platform from which to expand from to begin with, this will grow like gangbusters, all while increasing the value of the associated coin.
Take a look at the Presearch Whitepaper Here
It all looks pretty impressive and I am rating this a BUY. It’s still a gamble as the group has some hurdles to jump through and the more popular this project becomes the more of an investment its going to take on the teams part to maintain servers, bandwidth, development etc but if they can get together a solid initial platform, I think you could have the future of search engines here.
Presearrch ICO Token Details
- Maximum cap on crowdsale: 200,000,000 tokens
- Total token supply: 1 billion (1,000,000,000)
- 5% sold in pre-sale
- 20% sold to early adopters
- 30% for future public sale
- 30% allocated for distribution to reward usage, contribution to, and promotion of the platform
- 15% retained by the dev, marketing and community teams
- Standard: Ethereum ERC20 token
- Purchase methods accepted: BTC and ETH